Public Buyer Toolkit
The Public Buyer Toolkit supports affiliates’ communication with contractors and promotes contract compliance within their supply chain: resellers, brand companies and their suppliers. It contains standardized and easy-to-use tools that guide procurement staff and contractors.
- Affiliate Action Guide - a valuable part of the Public Buyer Toolkit, this Guide summarises current issues that Electronics Watch recommends affiliates address with their suppliers, and is searchable by brand name, factory or product, with links to detailed reports where available.
- Affiliate Product Form - is a tool to collect data on products procured by affiliates. This information is necessary to map the links between affiliates, products, and brands and guide Electronics Watch’s monitoring and brand engagement.
- Instruction to Contractor - is a template tool to provide contractors with a succinct overview of the compliance process and the documents provided in the Electronics Watch Public Buyer Toolkit.
- Template Letter to Suppliers – allows contractors to easily communicate their request for suppliers to cooperate in meeting the contract conditions.
- Factory Disclosure Form & Guidelines for Factory Disclosure – supports brand companies in reporting the factories that make the goods and the main components of the goods that form the subject matter of the contract.
Items of the public buyer toolkit also available to the public are:
- Electronics Watch Contract Conditions – defines the requirements of the Contractor, including the Code of Labour Standards.
- Electronics Watch Contract Conditions with Guidance for Contractors — includes annotations to explain the clauses.
- Electronics Watch Contractor Guidance – explains the desired outcomes defined in the Electronics Watch Contract Conditions and how contractors achieve them.
- Guidance for Remediation and Prevention of Migrant Worker Recruitment Fees and Related Costs in Public Procurement — helps public buyers and their suppliers ensure remedy when migrant workers face risk of debt bondage caused by recruitment fees and related costs.
- Guidelines on Best Practices Preventing Eye Strain in the Examination of Screens - helps public buyers work with suppliers to protect the eyesight of employees who examine screens under bright lights.
- Protecting Chinese workers' rights during the 2020 epidemic: Guidance for Public Buyers - helps public buyers and their suppliers protect workers' rights in China during the corona virus epidemic.