Public Buyer Toolkit
The Public Buyer Toolkit supports affiliates’ communication with contractors and promotes contract compliance within their supply chain: resellers, brand companies and their suppliers. It contains standardized and easy-to-use tools that guide procurement staff and contractors.
- Affiliate Action Guide - a valuable part of the Public Buyer Toolkit, this Guide summarises current issues that Electronics Watch recommends affiliates address with their suppliers, and is searchable by brand name, factory or product, with links to detailed reports where available.
- Affiliate Product Form - is a tool to collect data on products procured by affiliates. This information is necessary to map the links between affiliates, products, and brands and guide Electronics Watch’s monitoring and brand engagement.
- Instruction to Contractor - is a template tool to provide contractors with a succinct overview of the compliance process and the documents provided in the Electronics Watch Public Buyer Toolkit.
- Template Letter to Suppliers – allows contractors to easily communicate their request for suppliers to cooperate in meeting the contract conditions.
- Factory Disclosure Form & Guidelines for Factory Disclosure – supports brand companies in reporting the factories that make the goods and the main components of the goods that form the subject matter of the contract.
- Brand Company Commitment Form – asks brands to commit to a certain level of collaboration with Electronics Watch monitors.
- Compliance Plan Template – assists brands and their suppliers to easily report on their most recent factory compliance findings and chemical inventory records.
Items of the public buyer toolkit also available to the public are:
- Electronics Watch Contract Conditions – define the requirements of the Contractor.
- Electronics Watch Contractor Guidance – explains the desired outcomes defined in the Electronics Watch Contract Conditions and how contractors achieve them.
- Electronics Watch Code of Labour Standards – includes domestic standards defined in applicable domestic labour law as well as international labour standards as defined in the fundamental conventions of the International Labour Organization, and additional international standards relevant to electronics manufacturing.