Deadline for applications extended: Electronics Watch is recruiting the new Board of Trustees
Electronics Watch is now recruiting dedicated Trustees to lead and guide this exciting new organisation through its first years. Nine Trustees will be selected in total. Within the composition of the Board, we are looking to achieve a diverse and vibrant mix of age, gender, ethnic and cultural background, as well as professional experience and expertise within areas of relevance to Electronics Watch.
Electronics Watch is an organisation that operates in the global South and so it is important that leadership is proportionally weighted towards Southern stakeholders.
Individual responsibilities will vary to a degree depending on role and location, given that this is a global project. Nevertheless, there are a number of qualities that all Trustees will fulfil in order to ensure the appropriate composition of the Board:
- A demonstrable dedication to the vision and mission of Electronics Watch, its principles and to challenging global labour rights violations.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the organisational establishment of Electronics Watch.
- Good judgement and independence of mind.
- Experience of professionally representing an organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a group. Where necessary, this may include the ability to seek constructive debate and dialogue over confrontation.
- Expertise in one or more of the areas listed as essential criteria (as shown in the Trustee Nomination Pack).
Electronics Watch recognises that the time commitment required for Trusteeship may be unrealistic for some candidates. Therefore, we encourage and accept applications from organisations where there may be a shared responsibility for Trusteeship between up to two members of staff for one Trustee role.
We anticipate that the Board of Trustees will be in place by the end of July 2014.
To apply, please download the Trustee Nomination Pack here.
The new deadline for applications is 7th July.
Please return all completed nomination packs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your support.