Electronics Watch is excited to welcome its newly selected Board of Trustees
We are very proud and excited to welcome the newly selected Board of Trustees (BoT) to Electronics Watch. Possessing a wide assortment of skills, expertise, cultural diversity, and deep knowledge of the regions of electronics production, they will work closely with Electronics Watch for at least the next two years on improving workers' rights in the global electronics industry.
All Trustees provide hands-on support with tasks such as developing and adopting policy, developing the vision and mission of this pioneering organisation, fundraising, and crafting long-term organisational strategy through consultation with stakeholders such as affiliates and the Informal Advisory Group (IAG).
Trustees were democratically selected through voting by the IAG and held their first meeting at the end of November 2014. A second BoT meeting was held in February 2015, during which the offices/roles held by the Trustees were decided upon, and the bylaws were adopted.
The Electronics Watch Trustees are:
- So Sheung – Labour Education and Service Network – China (Hong Kong) – Chair.
- Michael Gibson Kilner – London Universities Purchasing Consortium – England – Treasurer.
- Pauline Overeem – Good Electronics Coordinator and Researcher – Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO)– Netherlands - Secretary. Pauline is seconded by Esther de Haan: Program Manager and Senior Researcher, Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO) – Netherlands.
- Emma Nicholson – Head of Development and Sustainability, Advanced Procurement for Universities and Colleges – Scotland.
- Gopinathan Kunhithayil Parakuni – General Secretary, Cividep, India – India (Bangalore).
- Jim Cranshaw – Labour Rights Campaign Manager, People & Planet – England.
- Mingwei Liu – Assistant Professor of Labour Studies and Employment Relations, Rutgers University – United States of America.
- Olga Martin-Ortega – Reader in Public International Law, Greenwich University – England.
For more information about their profiles, please go to Board of Trustees section.